We are a global production and creative agency, delivering unforgettable events across the globe, creatively bringing bold ideas to life, far and beyond anything you’ve seen before.
Find out more at: https://wearefab.com/
About the role
We are seeking an experienced HR professional to join our team during an exciting period of company growth and the upcoming opening of our Dubai office. This role will provide support and advice to our employees (15) and (up to 100) freelancers working across the world and will be the first point of contact for all people related queries.
Far and Beyond pride ourselves on being a fantastic place to work, and know that our people are at the heart of what we do.
You will get involved in the operational delivery, as well as strategic thinking around workforce and will be comfortable with engaging with team members across the globe to understand issues and challenges and help resolve these.
You will have responsibility for providing generalist HR advice on terms and conditions and the application of HR policy across the company, as well as having the opportunity to use your HR skills and knowledge to shape and implement new people initiatives and processes.
- To lead on any workforce processes and procedures associated with opening up a new office location with Dubai
- To provide a high-quality generalist HR service
- Maintain up to date knowledge and understanding of employment law and HR best practice (for Dubai and UK) to ensure advice and guidance is both accurate and up-to-date; and ensure management are appropriately updated on new employment legislation
- To work with our Head of Finance to ensure we are working inline with IR35 regulations
- Lead on our recruitment process, to include: writing job descriptions and job adverts, shortlisting and interviewing
- Facilitate a smooth new hire onboarding process for our freelancers and employees, ensuring coordination with cross-functional departments
- To manage our global Talent Pool database
- To manage our employee annual leave and TOIL process
- Manage our employee sickness and absence policy and process
- Provide guidance and support regarding Maternity Leave/Pay, Flexible Working, Paternity/Parental Leave
- Carry out appropriate checks on the current status of employees in relation to their eligibility to work and ensuring their compliance to the terms of their visas where appropriate
- Ensure all appropriate policies, procedures and legal requirements are adhered to with clear audit trails and maintain all personnel records in accordance with GDPR
- To develop the capability of managers within the Company to manage their team members effectively
- You will act as a role model for the Far and Beyond values and will work with the team to ensure these are embedded into everything we do
- 5+ years of experience in HR working as an HR Generalist, HR Business Partner, within HR operations or similar roles is essential
- HR qualification or Level 5/7 CIPD qualified
- Proven track record of HR management and growth in a fast-paced environment
- Experience of working in recruitment is essential as you will need to work at pace to meet the demands we have this year and next to grow the business
- Excellent up-to-date knowledge of employment legislation and best practice in policies and processes for UAE and also UK
- Strong communication skills with the ability to guide and influence as well as having the confidence to challenge current practices appropriately
- Able to troubleshoot independently
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of employment legislation and best practice across the Middle East
- Experience of using an ATS
- Proficient in using G-Suite
- Basic understanding of Arabic
Permanent, full time
Willing to travel worldwide as/ when required
Up to 183,400AED (£40,000)
When working abroad, accommodation will be provided
Holiday allowance: 25 days, plus National Holidays (in line with local labor laws)
Days in lieu are given for National Holidays worked where the employee is not offered an alternative midweek day off.
Company pension enrolment
£15 contribution towards phone bill each month
FAB to arrange all working visas as required
All equipment provided as required
International travel insurance
Access to company perks and discounts scheme
Opportunities for training and development